20 Jan 2014 09:21 PM
CptKirby
By: CptKirby

icon_email Send Message

This discussion and its replies are closed

[INFO] MAG Community

3273 replies

From wikipedia:

MAG, previously titled MAG: Massive Action Game, is a multiplayer-only FPS video game developed by Zipper for the PS3. The game was announced at Sony's E3 2008 press conference. Various subtitles were being considered for the game, including MAG: Shadow WarMAG: ZeroMAG: Global Assault and MAG: Final Hour. The game was released in North America on January 26, 2010, mainland Europe on January 27 and the United Kingdom on January 29. It was released in Australia and New Zealand on February 11, 2010. MAG received an award from Guinness World Records as "Most Players in a Console FPS" with 256 players. It was announced in July 2013 that the online servers for MAG are to be shut down on January 28, 2014. Due to its reliance on online play, it will not be possible to play the game beyond this date.

The MAG forums are getting locked in less than 24 hours from when I post this, so I was asked to make a thread for all the MAG forum people who have no place to go. I am CptKirby and I am the unofficial archive master of the MAG forums and I remember way too much history of the site.

Here's my Master Archive:

http://forums.keqonline.com/showthread.php?tid=3793

I occasionally update it with rediscovered threads, videos, sigs, and pictures. I would have copy&pasted it here, but apparently these boards have a 4,000 character limit.

My farewell to the MAG forums:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/MAG-Discussion/Everyone-say-your-forum-goodbyes-now/m-p/42752583#M901652

• 8002A203 only there
  • ck2875

icon_email Send Message

Cavani1007 wrote:
    It says it only with this alt does anyone know y?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/MAINTENANCE-Monday-January-27th-2014/m-p/42797875

If you haven't signed in in the last few days with that account, the maintenance might be why you're having issues connecting.

Link quoted below:

We wanted to take a moment to inform you of a planned network maintenance, currently scheduled for Monday, January 27th from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM Pacific Time (12:30 PM to 6:30 PM Eastern Time). We expect this maintenance to last approximately 6 hours.

If you’ve signed in to PlayStation Network any time since January 20th you will be able to play games online and access partner apps such as Netflix during this maintenance period. The PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home and Account Management will not be available during this time, and users may receive a maintenance notification when attempting to access these services.

• I can login on all my accounts, thats pretty weird

• It says it only with this alt does anyone know y?
  • Eric I cant log in with raven it says psn in manutenction
  • Valor quit dom

• ^there she is
  • One week, 57 pages...

Sounds like the MAG community...
  • We actually are the 2 most unlucky **bleep** in terms of q

• erickt123 wrote:

Cavani1007 wrote:
    Eric are you on?

Well, I'm having a day off today from work as it has been rescheduled due to the cold weather at where I live in this country, then currently as of this post, yes. :smileyindifferent:

My mistake, I thought you were talking to me, my apoligies. :smileyvery-happy: I am so dumb.

• Cavani1007 wrote:
    Eric are you on?

Well, I'm having a day off today from work as it has been rescheduled due to the cold weather at where I live in this country, then currently as of this post, yes. :smileyindifferent:

• Ya I've been sitting in the dom q on valor for over 30 min now

• Slurpy is righty about madmoxie
  • Eric are you on?

• ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
    I had a dream I bought mag for 99 cents O.o
    Is the mag demo or trial still in the store? I might download it for the last day

Sadly (or not sadly), no because obviously Sony see no purpose to even keep MAG for sale or keep the free trial. Welp, it seems my MAG career is over so I'm going to just play The Last of Us until that Left Behind DLC comes and when the PS4 gets a second model with more memory, I will but that along with Killzone: Shadow Fall and Knack (Yes I'm going to buy Knack). Now if you will excuse me, I'm gonna go suck in MAG before it shuts down (And slurpy and blazer rip me a new one the past couple days). :smileylol:

• CocoaButter92 wrote:
    fus Commy don't end your life when MAG gets turned off tomorrow just remember SVER is #1

SVER #1 praise Allah

I WILL PRAISE ALLAH IF YOU CAN OFFER ANY PHYSICAL EVIDENCE OF ANY KIND OF GOD EVER. I LIVE GOOD FOR ME AND NOT GOD. I'D PROBABLY WISH YOU HAVE A BETTER LIFE THAN YOUR FAMILY WHO WANTS YOU TO DO AS GOOD AS THEM-JUST NOT BETTER. LOL GOD IS THE ABSENT FATHER WHO OWES ME CHILD SUPPORT.

• I had a dream I bought mag for 99 cents O.o
    Is the mag demo or trial still in the store? I might download it for the last day
  • MAD MOXIE from OiC is the beast girl on MAG

• TheLastNinja- wrote:
    Regarding the female player you guys are wondering about, is it missverjan? Do I win? :o

I don't know enough about her. I just know she was in )B(, never knew her skill level.

Gah! Why is this so hard?

• Rohulla is CptKirby

• Pinktoe_ wrote:
    What about PhoenixArcher ?

I already said PA was never in clan battles and she wasn't known for getting 100 kill games, but I know she's gotten close as Winscar has pointed out.

And PRO was never good against organized groups.

• fus Commy don't end your life when MAG gets turned off tomorrow just remember SVER is #1

SVER #1 praise Allah
  • Americans/europeans needed on VALOR u14 done fore now. WE need help.

USA/EUROPEAN SVER= wants to be 3rd world

DEATHTOSVER

• Finally ended up freezing. Happened while typing in XMB chatbox. :(

Regarding the female player you guys are wondering about, is it missverjan? Do I win? :o
  • To be fair I did steal a 100 kill game from phoenix. Gave her like 58 assists. She was **bleep**. She had 77 kills 58 assists. I had 94 kills XD
131 pages