PlayStation General
04 Jul 2016 02:57 AM
DenisNinja
By: DenisNinja

icon_email Send Message

The game MAG PS3 or new version for PS4, i want this game back to life, because he is the best

94 replies


MAG was a game that marked my life, I am very fan of MAG PS3,one great epic game but you Sony and some people who work for you have committed a serious  error, I played the MAG in more than 1,000 hours in the first year of its release I played without problems like crashes and freezes the game have worked very fine before new updates, the game began to have serious problems and was impaired and dammaged after the new trash updates. I love MAG and i consider it the most epic fps game of all, is very interesting estrategic online war game, I am very frustrated and sad with you Sony, [...] I am not at all happy with you dear Sony, I prefer to Nintendo than you, I want the MAG right back to life with a remastered version for the PS4, the other unique games you have I do not care that poorly made crap, you Sony did much harm to MAG and damaged stupidly the Zipper, I am very disgusted with their mistakes and their ridiculous games that are a waste trash, this indie games you have in excess are a true trash, Sony you're not all right for me or you do something important for the MAG or [...] that only support the bad games that do not pay the real values to me and are not interesting to me enough a waste of time, I'm tired of these their unique games like Killzone, Knack, Infamous and etc of trash...
MAG was the best FPS game ever created I loved MAG, I spent a years happy playing MAG, Sony I want right back the MAG, [...]
Mag was the only game I loved playing with the Sniper, for being so stylish and interesting by the way is the weapons are and etc... Poison bomb was fantastic too
[...]


Edited to remove profanity, threats, inappropriate rants.

  • Exactly.

    And dedicated servers don't always fix everything. Look at any EA game for examples of that
    0

  • DeltaDragonXL wrote:
    Kirby, it's not just servers. It's the payment if the devs, publisher, everything else, and with patches and all, it's continous payment.

    Planetside 2 only has a handful of games going on at any given time, and it makes a good amount of money through premium in both pc and ps4.

    Blacklight Retribution is peer to peer, the only server, and this is straight from the devs, is the database to keep track of items.

    I csnt speak for dust

    I realize this. Developers also have to pay a fee to the appropriate party along with time and effort to implement a patch.

     

    There are no  "games" in Planetside, it's four giant maps each with hundreds of players (I forget the exact number). Also, the game is F2P. You pay money for cosmetics and the ability to level up faster.

     

    CoD and a lot of low player per match games use PtP. It's cheaper and also sucks because of people with crappy Internet. It's absolutely embarrassing the CoD still does it the last I checked (BO2).

     

    Dust 514 used dedicated severs too and CCP did a horrible job maintaining them.

    0
  • Kirby, it's not just servers. It's the payment if the devs, publisher, everything else, and with patches and all, it's continous payment.

    Planetside 2 only has a handful of games going on at any given time, and it makes a good amount of money through premium in both pc and ps4.

    Blacklight Retribution is peer to peer, the only server, and this is straight from the devs, is the database to keep track of items.

    I csnt speak for dust
    0
  • I know that money rules everything, I wish I could have millions now to be able to sponsor the Mag, but one thing I tell you, I would never invest money in something bad that is not interesting for my company and I know bad things generates failure and more bad for everyone, Planet Side 2 and other free games you have for free, as it let me try to remember the name, I do not remember, I'll look in google, the so found is the Dust 514 and Blacklight retribuition this yes it is money wasted leading to prejudice and with all due respect I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but those games that you now have the to play only online are very bad, forgive me, but it's complicated.
    0

  • DeltaDragonXL wrote:
    Actually, there is.

    The average large server, like game servers, run at 800-900 watts. Let's split the difference and say 850. The average cost of electricity it 12 cents a kilowatt.
    850×24×350= 7,446,000 watts, or 7446 kilowatts. The cost would be roughly $890 a year. Keeping hundreds of games, running at a time, let's say 500, and let's say the can fit 5 games onto one server, which is very generous. That's 100 servers.

    $890,000 a year.



    Planetside 1's servers were NOWHERE near as demanding as modern games. They required less powerful conputers, meaning much less power draw on a single server, and they didn't have his reds if not thousands if not millions of games all running at once.

    More data needed for an accurate assessment. Like how MAG's servers worked because I don't actually know.

     

    Assuming your esitmate is accurate, Just under 1 mil isn't much if a game's sales are good. You only need to sell 50K copies to keep the servers running for two years.

    0
  • sorry for the inconvenience, but I feel much saldades this game, I'm tired of being disappointed with things badly made these new FPS games today, well I tried here to make Sony think about Mag.
    0
  • Actually, there is.

    The average large server, like game servers, run at 800-900 watts. Let's split the difference and say 850. The average cost of electricity it 12 cents a kilowatt.
    850×24×350= 7,446,000 watts, or 7446 kilowatts. The cost would be roughly $890 a year. Keeping hundreds of games, running at a time, let's say 500, and let's say the can fit 5 games onto one server, which is very generous. That's 100 servers.

    $890,000 a year.



    Planetside 1's servers were NOWHERE near as demanding as modern games. They required less powerful conputers, meaning much less power draw on a single server, and they didn't have his reds if not thousands if not millions of games all running at once.
    0

  • CaptainAlbator wrote:

    CptKirby wrote:

    CaptainAlbator wrote:

    If the game had value to Sony, then we would have had a sequel by now. Contrary to the popular belief, MAG didn't sell very well.


     

    Demon's Souls sold 1.84 million copies.

    Silent Hill sold 1.60 million copies

    Mercenaries: PoD sold 1.44 million copies

    Killzone sold .94 million copies.

     

    MAG's physical sales were 1.32 million and this doesn't include digital sales.


     

    Except that MAG was an online only game, that was entirely dependent upon running servers that sucked up an enormous amount of bandwidth per month. That's what most don't seem to get. Servers and bandwidth do not run on happy thoughts, and game companies don't run them to be swell guys. The first Killzone, Mercenaries Playground of Destruction, Silent Hill, and So you're making false equivalencey. Demon Souls had an online mode, however Atlus is a small enough outfit that they could get away with selling a little under two million copies, and most likely still turn a profit.

     

    We live in a different era. It's no longer the case you work on a game, release it, and then sit back and watch the money roll in. A game has to make money long term to cover those server costs, which many games don't. And now that Zipper is gone, the likely hood of another MAG has pretty much dropped off the board.


    Planetside 1's servers were shut off only five days ago. The game was 13 years old. They up for so long because apparently they weren't expensive to keep online. I don't remember the source on this, so you'd have to take my word it. And there is no way you know the server costs.

     

    No contest on the last sentence.

    0
  • I'm wondering if my beloved Sony Japan, wanted and could make the Mag and launch in PlayStationStore to play for free and with sales in addons I believe it would be very successful. a worldwide success
    0
  • Ahahahahahahaha... The game Mag are especial and unique. i don't care of you think or decide you are a bad person to me anyway, sir esmerald sword you are very ignorant and never will can do a gamer better than Mag
    0

  • DenisNinja wrote:
    Brasil but the country doesn't matter or are really important, i am a human evolved like you i have a superior mind i am done by honor i live by the order of honor, i am a true man with honor, i love games.

     

    Actually it kind of does, because the United States is still the biggest video game market in the world. If a game doesn't do well here, it doesn't get a sequel most times. The "superior mind" would know that.

    0

  • CptKirby wrote:

    CaptainAlbator wrote:

    If the game had value to Sony, then we would have had a sequel by now. Contrary to the popular belief, MAG didn't sell very well.


     

    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/31689/demons-souls/

    Hey look,Demon's Souls sold 1.84 million copies. And what do you know? It got a sequel.

     

    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/2051/silent-hill/

    Hey look, Silent Hill sold 1.60 million copies. And what do you know? It got a sequel.

     

    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/1318/mercenaries-playground-of-destruction/

    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/5346/mercenaries-playground-of-destruction/

    Hey look, Mercenaries: PoD sold 1.44 million copies. And what do you know? It got a [bad] sequel. And it happens to be a game I know you love.

     

    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/1112/killzone/

    Hey look, Killzone sold .94 million copies. And what do you know? It got a sequel.

     

    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/35119/mag-massive-action-game/

    MAG's physical sales were 1.32 million and this doesn't include digital sales.


     

    Except that MAG was an online only game, that was entirely dependent upon running servers that sucked up an enormous amount of bandwidth per month. That's what most don't seem to get. Servers and bandwidth do not run on happy thoughts, and game companies don't run them to be swell guys. The first Killzone had online, yet Mercenaries Playground of Destruction, Silent Hill, had no online mode. So you're making false equivalencey. Demon Souls had an online mode, however Atlus is a small enough outfit that they could get away with selling a little under two million copies, and most likely still turn a profit.

     

    We live in a different era. It's no longer the case you work on a game, release it, and then sit back and watch the money roll in. A game has to make money long term to cover those server costs, which many games don't. And now that Zipper is gone, the likely hood of another MAG has pretty much dropped off the board.

    0
  • Emerald_Swords (Support MVP)

    icon_email Send Message


    DenisNinja wrote:
    you make me laugh talk garbage to me, you move on with you life and go take care of your life you are ignorant wasting time talking garbage here, you dont have the power to decide about Mag you not a fan, so why you boring me here i dont use the google always ok 👎?

    I have decided that MAG and SOCOM shall not make a return to any Playstation console in the future.

    0
  • you make me laugh talk garbage to me, you move on with you life and go take care of your life you are ignorant wasting time talking garbage here, you dont have the power to decide about Mag you not a fan, so why you boring me here i dont use the google always ok 👎
    0
  • Emerald_Swords (Support MVP)

    icon_email Send Message


    DenisNinja wrote:
    Brasil but the country doesn't matter or are really important, i am a human evolved like you i have a superior mind i am done by honor i live by the order of honor, i am a true man with honor, i love games.

    A true man can formulate a proper sentence. Even with google translate.

     

    MAG isn't coming back so move on with your life.

    0
  • Brasil but the country doesn't matter or are really important, i am a human evolved like you i have a superior mind i am done by honor i live by the order of honor, i am a true man with honor, i love games.
    0
  • What country do you live in Denis?
    0
  • Captain Albator, if you do not want right back Mag and dislikes Mag short here go away, stay with God, farewell to to you Jonny, what matters to me is the game and I love playing Mag, that's what matters to me, I do not want to know the money that Sony loses and gains, now the Mag was Microsoft I had already left the Sony a while and I'm seriously considering doing so, indie games do not interest me, you who oppose Mag that are not fan does not interest me, you and Sony, are not important to me, what matters to me are the games that I like, Sony is a real waste for me lately. i have respected Sony too much for nothing, you are wrong saying what Mag is not important, you what is realy not important mortal.
    0

  • CaptainAlbator wrote:

    If the game had value to Sony, then we would have had a sequel by now. Contrary to the popular belief, MAG didn't sell very well.


     

    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/31689/demons-souls/

    Hey look,Demon's Souls sold 1.84 million copies. And what do you know? It got a sequel.

     

    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/2051/silent-hill/

    Hey look, Silent Hill sold 1.60 million copies. And what do you know? It got a sequel.

     

    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/1318/mercenaries-playground-of-destruction/

    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/5346/mercenaries-playground-of-destruction/

    Hey look, Mercenaries: PoD sold 1.44 million copies. And what do you know? It got a [bad] sequel. And it happens to be a game I know you love.

     

    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/1112/killzone/

    Hey look, Killzone sold .94 million copies. And what do you know? It got a sequel.

     

    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/35119/mag-massive-action-game/

    MAG's physical sales were 1.32 million and this doesn't include digital sales.

    0

  • DenisNinja wrote:

    Sony knows ... I do collection of games Nintendo Wii and Wii U, because I'm talking about this? because Nintendo games are special with details and interesting things to do different from your games Sony, Nintendo has games with over the years their games do not lose value, as Zelda series, Xenoblade series, Mario, etc., unlike your games sony, now... Sony you with the spend the years their games are always losing value, you Sony may have games like Uncharted 4, God of War series and etc, but if you join all these your games will not win Mag in value and interest to me, the Mag is more interesting game that you have had Sony, the game has content that catches my interest in a good online war game like i always have dreamed play, I'm here calling with apellation for the Mag because it worth it, now Sony you'll will never see me here appealing to some other of yours games, I'm thinking here right now how, The Microsoft can be worse than you ?, greatness of trash awaits us by you Sony . :smileyfrustrated:

     

    DenisNinja


     

     

    And there is the disconnect. The game has value TO YOU. If the game had value to Sony, then we would have had a sequel by now. Contrary to the popular belief, MAG didn't sell very well. As much as I love certain games, I know that that no matter how much I plead and say "C'MON SONY!!", a game like Syphon Filter isn't coming back (PHRASING!!). If there wasn't a market for Uncharted or God of War, then they wouldn't have made another game, and that's the thing; there has to be a market and an audience for a game BEFORE they make it. They just don't say "well, if we make this game, then MAYBE somebody will buy it".

     

    But I have the feeling I'm talking to a brick wall here, so believe what ever you want to believe.

    0

  • DenisNinja wrote:

    Sony knows ... I do collection of games Nintendo Wii and Wii U, because I'm talking about this? because Nintendo games are special with details and interesting things to do different from your games Sony, Nintendo has games with over the years their games do not lose value, as Zelda series, Xenoblade series, Mario, etc., unlike your games sony, now... Sony you with the spend the years their games are always losing value, you Sony may have games like Uncharted 4, God of War series and etc, but if you join all these your games will not win Mag in value and interest to me, the Mag is more interesting game that you have had Sony, the game has content that catches my interest in a good online war game like i always have dreamed play, I'm here calling with apellation for the Mag because it worth it, now Sony you'll will never see me here appealing to some other of yours games, I'm thinking here right now how, The Microsoft can be worse than you ?, greatness of trash awaits us by you Sony . :smileyfrustrated:

     

    DenisNinja


     Saying bad things on sony wont get it made any quicker.. I never understood that  stance of  anger. If there is no respect ,then why are you angry?

     

     Hey look. I want a new socom game or  a port of socom. but will it happen.??.They hear the negative/positive convo's of the game and know what you dont want.  And what you dont want ,is what they are going to reply with. I  don't think your naive or  anything like that. I can relate.

     

     All i can say is expanded your gaming genere to get you money worth in a offline fashion. Because alot games or franchises are not going to be around for ever like pac man.  Only reason pac man is around is because it on pc  and owned there and you can play it offline.. At one point pac man went away.

     

     Imho online gaming overall is a huge failure from what it was suppose to be , it has good things and etc dont  get me wrond/ but the bad and the greed really outweigh any of that when you break it down.. Its not pure  fun gaming anymore, its business and business is no fun unless your making money or winning  or both.

     

    L8ter

    0
  • Again, your opinion buddy. People say that, and have said it fr years.

    Boh my god you won't make a game I want so you will fail!!1!1!1!!111!1!!!!one!
    0
  • Sony knows ... I do collection of games Nintendo Wii and Wii U, because I'm talking about this? because Nintendo games are special with details and interesting things to do different from your games Sony, Nintendo has games with over the years their games do not lose value, as Zelda series, Xenoblade series, Mario, etc., unlike your games sony, now... Sony you with the spend the years their games are always losing value, you Sony may have games like Uncharted 4, God of War series and etc, but if you join all these your games will not win Mag in value and interest to me, the Mag is more interesting game that you have had Sony, the game has content that catches my interest in a good online war game like i always have dreamed play, I'm here calling with apellation for the Mag because it worth it, now Sony you'll will never see me here appealing to some other of yours games, I'm thinking here right now how, The Microsoft can be worse than you ?, greatness of trash awaits us by you Sony . :smileyfrustrated:

     

    DenisNinja

    0

  • PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

    CptKirby wrote:

    DeltaDragonXL wrote:
    Hey plymco. You just described planetside 2

    Lol


    LOL X2

     

    @DeltaDragonXL  I put a good amount of time into[...]Dust514[...]


    Lol

     

    But seriously, **bleep** that game.

    0
  • Hey bud, heard of an opinion?
    0
4 pages