Consoles & Peripherals
16 May 2014 10:09 PM
GT0825
By: GT0825

icon_email Send Message

FIXED PS4 won't connect to internet

436 replies

CE-33986-9 a.k,a endless proxy loop

Couldnt connect for 4 days, tried initializing system nothing worked, it wouldnt connect to my internet, finally stumbled across this on the HULU website (ridiculous that it wasn't anywhere to be found on playstation forums) follwed the instructions below and it worked immediately, good luck! -GT0825

1. From the PS4 Menu (XMB), scroll right to Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection > Select either Wi-Fi or LAN cable (Wired)
    • Wi-Fi: Custom > Select Network > Enter Password (automatically saved if you are already using this network) > IP Address Settings (automatic) > DHCP Host Name (Do Not Use) > DNS Settings (Manual)
    • LAN (Wired): Custom > IP Address Settings (Automatic) > DHCP Host Name (Do Not Use) > DNS Settings (Manual)
  2. From there, enter the Primary DNS as "8.8.8.8" and the Secondary DNS as "8.8.4.4"
  3. Next > MTU Settings (Automatic) > Proxy Server (Do Not Use) > Test Internet Connection

*If the above DNS server does not resolve the issue, try the following server instead:  

Primary DNS: 208.67.222.222

Secondary DNS: 208.67.220.220

• Unknown

icon_email Send Message

This does not work 
  • What is an SSL and how do i turn it off
  • oml thank you sony support couldnt even fix and they made it but you could bro thank you
  • None of these work... i try to connect to the internet and it lets me but then it says the dns server cannot be used and ive tried everything anyone has posted and it still doesnt work.... it wont even let me create another account or anything... doesnt let me sign into psn either... and i literally just got the ps4 today

• Unknown

icon_email Send Message

Didn’t work. Fuuuuuuck this. 
  • It did not work

• Nothing happened still don't work

• Bro thanks!!!!! It works to this day! Had some problems it was connecting and dropping all the time with this it got fixed! Thanka a lot!!!
  • Didn't help. :(

• It still doesn’t work I don’t get it🤷🏽‍♂️
  • z1mm3r5

icon_email Send Message

I tried your connection tip and it didn't work. Playstation is a year old, 4 months ago it started giving system software errors, then it would randomly disconnect  from internet but always reconnect. Bought add ons, rented a movie, and loaded up GTA and got disconnected from internet and now it won't find the IP address. Everything else works fine on the internet except PS4. Any ideas?
18 pages