PlayStation Network Support
30 May 2017 08:33 AM
Foxtrot2098
By: Foxtrot2098

icon_email Send Message

Error code SU-30625-6 on new update 4.70

71 replies

So I just got on my ps4 this morning and I knew something was immediately off when I turned on my ps4. It wasn't going to the main menu, it wasn't loading my game, it was doing nothing. I couldn't do anything on my ps4 either, my controller wouldn't work and I could tell it to restart. Then I decided to hold the power button to turn it off but when I held it for 30 seconds it wouldn't do anything. After that I decided to unplug it. When I did that and turn it back on I had the same issue however I was able to use my controller for when it tells me that the ps4 was turned off improperly.
Then I got a strange prompt that came up saying that there was a download on my ps4 that was already there and asked if I wanted to overwrite it and it woudn't let me agree to it. Which was strange so I held the power button because I thought my consule had frozen up. After that I turned it back on and I got the same prompt but couldn't acept it. Except this time I could hold down the ps4 button on the controller, however, I still couldn't do anything else other than that.
So I decided to restart my ps4 again thinking it would let my controller work this time and it did but I then got the notification to do update 4.70 which when I went to system software update it wouldn't let me and kept giving me the error code SU-30625-6 which was strange and I looked it up and I have yet to find anything to fix this error, anyone have any idea on how to fix this error?

Thread moved to psn.Guardianbell

• Lihark

icon_email Send Message

I'm having the exact same issue. Idk what's wrong? Think it might be an error with this new update?
  • Same issue here
  • Same here .what's causing this ??I eventually got my ps4 working but now I can't download the update for 4.70 so can't go online or use youtube wtf
  • Same problem here. I know there's enough space in my hdd, cause BF1 is downloading an update. They better fix this update 4.70 soon!
  • I canceled and deleted the update from my notifications list, then i went to sign in and a prompt popped up telling me about the 4.70 update. And through all the prompts then, i was able to download and install the update
  • Ok Had same problem, but when i switched to my account(brothers ps4) Its there downloading. My sugestion is if you have mutli accounts on ps4 check them an see if its not already downlaoding there.

• so-juke

icon_email Send Message

I was able to get the download file to work after unplugging my ps4 because I was having the issue. After I unplugged the ps4 and turned it back on the update file still wouldnt work so I held down the PS button on the controller and had to manually restart it to get it to work. Hope this helps.

• I have the same issue. PS4 wouldn't boot for a long time and when it finally did, it wont update the 4.70. With the error SU-30625-6. Going to try so-juke's method
  • This works! Thanks again!!!
  • ^beefthew's method worked for me
  • I would suggest for everyone who looks at this post definitely try Beefyhew's method that worked for me as well
  • Thank you!!  I was gettingg so frustrated, but this worked perfectly.

• Same

• I got the same issue, thinking the issue is on Sonys end. Was on last night around 10:30pm PST, turned it on an hr ago and got the exact same issues as ya all. Contacted Sony, went through some troubleshooting and he said I'd need to buy a USB and update it that way. He did say to try the safe mode option 6 after 11am. PST when the 4.70 is available,  though prompted to download it now, idk what they're doing, it's my one day off and I need some game time!!

• Oh thank **bleep**, thought my ps was knackered for a min.
    Glad to see more people having the same issue (I think)
  • BeefThew the magnificent! You got it bro! Did what you did, 4.70 downloading now, thanks a ton!

• So for anyone who wants go fix this, just go to notifications and delete the halted system update. Then go to setting and sign into your PlayStation network. It will make the update work

• Im currently experiencing the exact same issue!

• Thank you! I have done the same and the update is now downloading and intalling correctly.

• lorgood

icon_email Send Message

I had the same issue. I deleted the update from the notification tab then tried to sign in. Update downloaded perfectly!
  • sslesar

icon_email Send Message

Holy *bleep*.
    Yesterday I played on Ps4 and working fine. Turned off.
    Today I tried to turn on ps 4 and appeared playstation logo then black screen more than 5 minutes. I didn't know what happens there? So I unplugged power cable and plugged in again. Zzz and Ps4 tried recovery then boot normal. Blue background and frozen again. What the hell???
    I twice unplugged power cable and pluggeed in again. Done, working smoothly and I noticed that my Ps4 won't connected playstation network. But on status saying that running on. Then I noticed that my ps won't sign in. WHAT THE HELL? Sorry.
    I have read that forum and talking about remove update from notification, I did that and started to download. I wait few minutes and won't finish downloading *bleep* 4.70 update then frozen again.
    So I wasted 2 hours that my Ps4 won't me to play.
    Thank you for bad service of failure updates without notice!
  • Cancelling the update from notifications worked. Thanks

• It took me 3 tries of unpluging and waiting for it finally to work and be able to delete out of notifications.  But once I got that done it downloaded the update and works fine. 

• sslesar

icon_email Send Message

So it is fault playstation, because Ps4 tried to updates everything. I mean Ps4 tried to updates battlefield 1 and system. So should be stop updates any games then start important system updates.
    Probably next patch 4.71 will be fixed
  • HD_Zakk

icon_email Send Message

**FIXED**

Guys and Gals, go into your Notifications Panel, press Options Button on the failed update and Cancel and Delete it. Go to sign into PSN, you will be promted to do the update, click Update Now. From here it should download and install no problem.

"War is what happens when language fails"

3 pages