Games & Services
02 Aug 2015 01:44 AM
Nick4761
By: Nick4761

icon_email Send Message

Refund for UFC 190 Due to Live Event Viewer Issues

22 replies

I demand a refund for UFC 190 due to all of the issues that were happening with the Live Event Viewer during the event. The Ask PlayStation Twitter account was inundated with tweets about the app crashing, freezing, and skipping during the entire event, and the only response they had was to reset your internet connection.

I personally experienced 5 crashes during the event and dozens skips and freezes. This was not due to my internet connection. I took the necessary steps to "fix my connection" even though there was no issue with it. I even checked other services like Netflix to see if my connection was bad, and it was not. I even took a picture of the crash screen when it happened one time and tweeted it to the Ask PlayStation account and received no response.

I missed the main event because a crash occurred right as the fight started, and seeing as the Rousey vs Correia fight only lasted 34 seconds, I couldn't get it back open fast enough to actually see it. I paid $45 for an event that I didn't even get to see half of because of the issues.

• murgxx

icon_email Send Message

The absolute EXACT same thing happened to me. except mine cashed 9 times tonight.and the most disappointing one was 2 seconds into the main event, it crashes and comes back after its over.

GIVE US REFUNDS. THIS IS A FREAKING JOKE! I have never had a connection problem EVER! Ronda ran towards her opponent, then the app shuts off completely and goes to the PS3 menu. I finally get it back on and they're putting the belt around her waist announcing that she's the winner.

Sony. Absolutely nothing is wrong with ANY of my equipment. Your Live Events Viewer is the problem! Give me back my money.
  • gkpama00 (Support MVP)

icon_email Send Message

Sony has no control over the network connection to your home, so Sony cannot guarantee your ability to receive any streamed content.  UFC expects to be paid whether you watched the stream or not.  Therefore, you are not entitled to a refund if you have problems viewing the stream, or are unable to view the content for any reason that did not affect all viewers.  You can ask anyway, if you contact PlayStation customer support by phone or live chat (You cannot request refunds via Twitter, that doesn't work). Sony might provide you with a refund as a courtesy, but you purchase all streamed content, including live events, at your own risk.  There is no guarantee that you will be able to view the content.

• Live Event Viewer is an app provided by their network, hosted off of their network, and maintained by thier staff, it is a Sony Entertainment Network app, so if issues with it cause tons of people to have issues, they should be responsible for it.

• gkpama00 (Support MVP)

icon_email Send Message

I'm just telling you what the terms of service that you agreed to when you purchased the event says.  What Sony should do, is a matter of opinion.

• murgxx

icon_email Send Message

like I said earlier, it has nothing to do with my home connection. This event is still available to me for another 15 hours. And the program STILL freezes and shuts off. I still can't watch the event I paid for.

No other company could do this. I can't go to a hotel and pay them $50 for a room and have them say, "we're actually all booked up, but thanks for the money".
  • I had numerous issues with the "Live Events Viewer" Application while watching UFC 190 as well and contacted @AskPlaystation on twitter which gave me the runaround the entire time. This was not a connectivity issue as all other streaming services were working perfectly without interruption. The "Live Events Viewer" crashed a total of 5 times during the event last night with the same error code. I unistalled and reinstalled the application and the most current update. This is not a connectivity issue, this is an application issue which is a issue on sony's end. Therefore, a refund of the $44.99 we paid to watch an event we couldn't even enjoy should be given out. I will never use this method to watch anything ever again.
  • "Thank you so much for waiting, I apologize, but we cannot process a refund for this content. I understand your situation, but according to the PlayStation Terms of Service all sales are final. We are not able to make an exception in this case."

That was their response to this issue. Basically, it isnt their problem that their app failed to deliver a product that we paid for.

• ctfw529 (Support MVP)

icon_email Send Message

Nick4761 wrote:

Live Event Viewer is an app provided by their network, hosted off of their network, and maintained by thier staff, it is a Sony Entertainment Network app, so if issues with it cause tons of people to have issues, they should be responsible for it.

but what if it doesn't affect everyone? does that mean it's still a sony issue of maybe a ISP or network issue? cause i watched it Saturday night, no issues, and my friends and i rewatched it yesterday, again, no issues. 

GKPAMA is correct, sony cannot, and will not, guarantee the pipeline from their servers to your house. too many variables and things out of their control once it leaves their servers to guarantee anything.

• LIke i said, multiple people were complaining about these issues. Even crashes happening at the same time during the fight. it was not an isolated incident. I was watching the Ask PlayStation support Twitter account and multiple people complaining about the same issues.

• ctfw529 (Support MVP)

icon_email Send Message

Nick4761 wrote:

LIke i said, multiple people were complaining about these issues. Even crashes happening at the same time during the fight. it was not an isolated incident. I was watching the Ask PlayStation support Twitter account and multiple people complaining about the same issues.

ok, and your point is? that's a support twitter, of course your going to see peoples issues there. but, did you see 12.5 million individuals there? were there 100,000 individuals? were there 10,000? what about a 1000? point is, is that *anything* online is prone to issues, but it's a risk we decide to take by using online services. *if* it was as bad as you claim, there would be a lot more noise about it other than a single post on here from a single individual.

sorry you had issues, but it's your network, ISP, and the pipeline you need to be looking at and figuring out where the real issue is, or you'll just run into it again.

• ctfw529, I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The issue was with the service. Not with the network or ISP. I have a 75Mbit downstream and I was hardwired directly into the router with a 7' Ethernet cable. I had the same issues everyone here is describing. I took video of the endless buffering and pictures of the app crash screen.

You are dead wrong. Do yourself a favor and don't stick your nose in issues you know nothing about.
  • ctfw529 (Support MVP)

icon_email Send Message

philashio69 wrote:
    ctfw529, I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The issue was with the service. Not with the network or ISP. I have a 75Mbit downstream and I was hardwired directly into the router with a 7' Ethernet cable. I had the same issues everyone here is describing. I took video of the endless buffering and pictures of the app crash screen.

You are dead wrong. Do yourself a favor and don't stick your nose in issues you know nothing about.

then how come i had no issues the night of, nor the next day when i watched it again? what about the rest of the public. *if* the service *itself* was having issues, then *ALL* of us would have had issues and the internet would've shown the uproar by now. yep, someone doesn't know how the internet works, nor how streaming works. streaming is almost *entirely* dependent on the receivers end, not the hosts end. get better internet or optimize what you have...

but, since it's only a few of you that had issues, then it must mean *everyone* had issues, is this what you're trying to say?

post the video and pictures please, i'm curious to know what this "app crash screen" looks like. what error codes did you guys see? what's the internal speedtest show you? what is your ping like? what is you jitter like? any QoS settings? how about DNS or portwork, any of that done?

• philashio69 wrote:
    ctfw529, I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The issue was with the service. Not with the network or ISP. I have a 75Mbit downstream and I was hardwired directly into the router with a 7' Ethernet cable. I had the same issues everyone here is describing. I took video of the endless buffering and pictures of the app crash screen.

Claiming that someone is dead wrong and they know nothing about it but yet you don't know what the "last mile" is when it comes to internet access.

Sure you have 75Mbps but that is from you to your ISP. After that, ANY NUMBER of things could knock that down. Do a speed test from you to a server 50 miles away, then do it to another 200 miles away then 1000 miles away. See a pattern? This doesn't include any number of other things that could cause an issue.

Watch this. Don't think your ISP is throttling? ESPECIALLY when it is a TV service that is competing with your streaming!! Why do you think Netflix went in to contract with Comcast BEFORE Netflix called Comcast out for throttling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5mDDlFXV0Y

There are SEVERAL reasons you had interuptions. CTFW is correct, IF it was Sony there would be a HUGE uproar, news coverage about it, but there is NOTHING but a few posters.

• WE DESERVE A REFUND!!
  • UFC 201
    CRASHED 2 times already and is CONSTENTLY FREEZING. PLAYSTATION PROVIDES THE APP AND THIS IS WHAT WE PAY FOR... This isn't the first time either!!
  • hoonu

icon_email Send Message

UFC 201 crashed on me at least 6 times tonight. Twice during the main event. When I finally got it back up and running... the main event was over...

• Exactly the same situation for me. The UFC 201 on the LIve Events Viewer crashed 6 times on me and crashed right before the end of the final fight even and when I started it back up the fight was over. The last PPV, UFC 200 never messed up on me once. Well, I think I'll try UFC TV for the PPV's from now on no more gambling on the LIve Events Viewer anymore.

• jhva3

icon_email Send Message

Same thing happened to me.  Chatted support twice and both times they refused to give me my money back and blamed my slow internet connection.  Never buying anything from Sony ever again and am going to cancel my Plus membership.  

• Same exact thing happened to me, with ufc 201.

• If the Sony isn't sure that what I paid for isn't gonna work then the app shouldn't be up cause what they are doing is taking our money and not giving us what we paid for technically a scam
  • I also had 5 crashes during the stream including losing out on almost the entirty of round 4 on the main event. This is the only reason i have playstation plus for the discount and will most likely be canceling playstation plus and never using Live event viewer again. its just not worth the risk of missing the big moments. 

• Mine has been crashing more than 20 times every time I try t doesn't let me go in the app it wasn't my connection I try other apps and they all work but PlayStation messages this is dumb!