PlayStation™Now
30 Aug 2016 06:03 PM
FizzleRabbit
By: FizzleRabbit

icon_email Send Message

PS Now on PC - Bug/Issue Reporting

230 replies

Hi everyone,

PS Now on PC has just launched in the US and Canada. You can find more information about how to get started on PC here.

If you experience any issues or bugs while using PS Now on PC, please report them by replying to this thread with the following information:

1. PSN Online ID (used with PS Now):
  2. Description of issue:
  3. Internet speed at streaming location:
  4. Internet Service Provider (eg. Verizon, Time Warner Cable, etc.):
  5. Wired or wireless connection:
  6. PC operating system (eg. Windows 7, 8.1, 10):
  7. Processor type (eg. AMD, Intel):
  8. If game-related, which game:
  9. Are you in your free trial, an active subscriber, or not subscribed at all:
  10. If you are seeing an error, what text is being displayed:
  11. Location (Country / or if US, ZIP Code):

Any bug or issue feedback posted here will be reported directly to the relevant team for investigation. 

You can also find more support information at the following pages:

Many thanks!

• I have a PS Now account that I use through the console just fine. But when I log in on my Windows PC it says I don't have a PS Now membership, and it tries getting me to sign up again. How do I use my PS Now account on my PC without paying double? 

• Unknown

icon_email Send Message

1. PSN Online ID (used with PS Now):  madcaddies420
    2. Description of issue: Games crashing as soon as they boot up.  No error
    3. Internet speed at streaming location:  120
    4. Internet Service Provider (eg. Verizon, Time Warner Cable, etc.):  Rogers
    5. Wired or wireless connection:  Wireless
    6. PC operating system (eg. Windows 7, 8.1, 10):  10
    7. Processor type (eg. AMD, Intel):  i7- 6600k
    8. If game-related, which game: Last of us and darkness 2 are the only ones ive tried
    9. Are you in your free trial, an active subscriber, or not subscribed at all:  Free trial, but wanted to get going forward
    10. If you are seeing an error, what text is being displayed:  None
    11. Location (Country / or if US, ZIP Code): Canada
  • benfth

icon_email Send Message

01: Benfth / Collosus Rider 

02: In Red Dead Redemption, if I lasso someone and let them go before hogtying them, they become essentially a "dead" ragdoll, though they aren't actually dead unless I kill them. This is a big issue in missions where lassoing is essential, not to mention cuts down on the fun.

Also, the bandolier hasn't worked since the session where I bought it. I was able to collect extra ammo during that session, but ever since, I'm capped at pre-bandolier ammo levels.

I've seen both of these issues posted about long ago for the PS3 version, but the PSnow version does not seem to have the patches that fixed them.

03: 40mbps dl/25.5mbps ul

04: Optimum

05: Wireless

06: PC running windows 10

07: Intel

08: Red Dead Redemption

09: Subscriber

10: No Error

11: New York, USA 11213

• Good Day 

Please, i faced a hard problem 

i purchased ps now from 2/8/2018 to 2/9/2018 and i played heavy rain and beyond two souls and the last of us and the game expirence was very great 

i purchased from 3/9/2018 to 3/12/2018 and suddenly after purchasing i didn't able to play every time i get unfortunately your network delay ...

please help me as soon as possible 

• Your PSNID >> ENGPOWER89
    • Brand and Model # (If you are streaming from TV) >>>Streaming from my laptop DELL INSPIRION N5010
    • Internet Service Type (Select from the following): Dial-up / DSL / Cable / Fiber Optic / Other >>>VDSL
    • Connection Type (Select from the following): Wireless / Wired>> Wired
    • Internet Service Provider: >> 
    • Access Point/Router Brand and Model: >> Dlink , DSL-2730u
    • Explanation of the connection issue you're experiencing >> every time i enter a game i get and error meassage unfortunately your network delay ... 
  • 1. The_Bubger

2. I recently started a free trial of PsNow on my pc after hearing that i would be able to stream Bloodborne. However whenever i do try to start it up, it loads, freezes after a few frames of loading, and then stops with the message "Your game did not start as expected. Try launching again" however no matter how many times i do try launching again it does not work. The odd thing however is that any number of other games i have tried work perfectly fine, just not the one game i actually wanted to play.

3. 120mps Down, 20 mbs Up

4. Spectrum

5. Wired

6. Windows 10

7. AMD

8. Bloodborne

9. Free Trial

10. "Your game did not start as expected. Try launching again"

11. 04240

1. PSN Online ID (used with PS Now): Gwaeraurond
    2. Description of issue: Screen eventually goes white when idle, but cannot actually close the process. Investigating further, it always has 5 active processes - agl.exe runs 3 times and psnowlauncher.exe runs twice. If I try to close any process, the others relaunch it without my permission (very virus like behavior) and the ONLY way to actually close this is to use a task blocker to actively block both process names. THEN and only then can I properly relaunch it after the screen turns white.
    3. Internet speed at streaming location: 150 MB/s
    4. Internet Service Provider (eg. Verizon, Time Warner Cable, etc.): Charter Cable
    5. Wired or wireless connection: Wired
    6. PC operating system (eg. Windows 7, 8.1, 10): Windows 10
    7. Processor type (eg. AMD, Intel): Intel i7 3.4 Ghz water cooled ; Nvidia 980 Ti water cooled
    8. If game-related, which game: N/A
    9. Are you in your free trial, an active subscriber, or not subscribed at all: Active Subscriber, though I might not stick with it if it runs itself like a virus. I need to be able to close programs not in use and launch programs without issue.
    10. If you are seeing an error, what text is being displayed: N/A
    11. Location (Country / or if US, ZIP Code): 62002-6016

• Unknown

icon_email Send Message

1. PSN Online ID (used with PS Now): JavaDeHat
    2. Description of issue: PS Now - launching any PS4 game brings up "update account" dialog box and nothing after that. PS3 games launch fine
    3. Internet speed at streaming location: 240 Mbps
    4. Internet Service Provider (eg. Verizon, Time Warner Cable, etc.): Virgin
    7. Processor type (eg. AMD, Intel): Intel i5 3570k
    8. If game-related, which game: All PS4 games
    9. Are you in your free trial, an active subscriber, or not subscribed at all: Free trial which I will cancel very soon
    10. If you are seeing an error, what text is being displayed: No error
    11. Location (Country / or if US, ZIP Code): Ireland

• Recaptcha doesn't end half the time... it just says try again over and over until it locks me out with the message 

Your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now. For more details visit our help page

Can I disable recaptcha? The line about protect users is bullshit, steam stays logged in forever and I've never had to do a recaptcha with them and have never been compromised.

• asconwe

icon_email Send Message

1. PSN Online ID (used with PS Now): asconwe
    2. Description of issue: PS Now PC app does not open. The icon comes up in the middle of the screen and then starts to blink. Many icons apear and disappear in the system tray. The app never opens. 
    3. Internet speed at streaming location: 75 mpbs downlaod
    4. Internet Service Provider (eg. Verizon, Time Warner Cable, etc.): Comcast
    5. Wired or wireless connection: Wireless
    7. Processor type (eg. AMD, Intel): intel i7 7500
    8. If game-related, which game:
    9. Are you in your free trial, an active subscriber, or not subscribed at all: free t rial
    10. If you are seeing an error, what text is being displayed: no error is displayed
    11. Location (Country / or if US, ZIP Code): USA 22305

• 01 huzzaah420666

02 When I launch a game I get a black screen

03 Internet speed 1Gbps with 50Mbps wifi and location is Toronto

04 Rogers Canada

05 Wireless

06 Windows 7 ultimate SP1 installed with all updates installed

07 Intel Core i7 4510U

08 Not game related and was a problem with both red dead redemption and bloodborne

09 Free trial

10 No error just a black screen

11 Toronto, Canada

Laptop is a Lenovo 20354

•  

I'm having an issue even starting a trial with the PC app.  Info below:

1. PSN Online ID (used with PS Now):  renlycat
    2. Description of issue:  Clicking on the "Start Free Trial" button does nothing.  Also, clicking on "Get Started" within a game page also does nothing.  No response or change.
    3. Internet speed at streaming location:  50 mbps
    4. Internet Service Provider (eg. Verizon, Time Warner Cable, etc.):  Verizon
    5. Wired or wireless connection:  Wired
    6. PC operating system (eg. Windows 7, 8.1, 10):  Windows 10
    7. Processor type (eg. AMD, Intel):  Intel i5
    8. If game-related, which game:  N/A
    9. Are you in your free trial, an active subscriber, or not subscribed at all:  Not subscribed yet
    10. If you are seeing an error, what text is being displayed:  No error, just no response.
    11. Location (Country / or if US, ZIP Code):  US, 10567
  • PSNID: XWulfgaurX

Issue: Just lost a massive amount of save data on The Last of Us. Was all the way at the Sewers on part 22 when the game suddenly froze. I couldn't log on for almost 30 minutes and when I did the save was allll the way back to Bill's House: Safehouse, part 12.

Internet Speed: 400 MBPS

ISP: Spectrum

Wired Connection

Processor: Intel

Game: The Last of Us

Currently in free trial.

• Jubilux

icon_email Send Message

I appear to be suffering an unsusal server side error, I have talked to liv chat about this and they have told me it is a server side error.

01 Jubilux

02 When I start games like bloodbourne and mafia 3 the preparing your game screen will crash WIth" An unkown error occured. Please Try Again" this has been going on for 3 days.

03 1.0Gbps

04 verizon

05 Wired

06 windows 7 64bit

07 AMD

08 Bloodbourne /PS4 games in general

09 active subscriber

10 Unknown error occered. Please Try again

11 15213

1. PSN Online ID (used with PS Now): Miggy091983
    2. Description of issue: PS4 games load on PC but don't respond to any buttons being pressed
    3. Internet speed at streaming location: 72mbps
    4. Internet Service Provider (eg. Verizon, Time Warner Cable, etc.): Comcast
    5. Wired or wireless connection:Wireless
    7. Processor type (eg. AMD, Intel): Inetl
    8. If game-related, which game:All ps4 games 
    9. Are you in your free trial, an active subscriber, or not subscribed at all: active subscriber
    10. If you are seeing an error, what text is being displayed:
    11. Location (Country / or if US, ZIP Code): 77375

• I solved my problem and maybe this will help others who come across this issue of the buttons not working on ps4 games. I had two different things work for me. 

1. Try different ps4 games till you find one that will work with the buttons and then go back to the ps4 game that didn't work before. 50% chance that works as I had a bunch of hit and misses.

2. This I believe is the true problem when you launch into the ps4 game for whatever reason ps now believes there is no controller connected at the time even with the ps home button working. But if you unplug the cable and then plug it back in the ps4 games realizes there is a controller connected and the game works with no more issues. However, I did discover when you are done playing the game and want to go back to the navigation screen of ps now you have to again hit the control the navigation through the controller. This has worked for me 100% of the time. I hope this helps others who are looking to play ps4 games on their ps now subscription. 

1. PSN Online ID (used with PS Now): RecchiSpecht
    2. Description of issue: The game For Honor on PSnow for PC has not worked since the game updated on the 31st. It won't get past the first screen It just gives me and 4 others a connection error to the servers. The game doesn't look like it's updated for any of us on Psnow It even shows a dated version number. I've tried contacting ubisoft and they directed me here. It's been down for around 3 days now.
    3. Internet speed at streaming location:70 Mbps
    4. Internet Service Provider (eg. Verizon, Time Warner Cable, etc.): Spectrum
    7. Processor type (eg. AMD, Intel): Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz  4.00GHz
    8. If game-related, which game: For Honor only.
    9. Are you in your free trial, an active subscriber, or not subscribed at all: I think I'm still in the free trial, if it ended I'm an active subscriber.
    10. If you are seeing an error, what text is being displayed: In game before getting past the first screen "The For Honor servers are unreachable at this time. Please try again later." [2-00000305] I've tried all the solutions such as port forwarding specified ports, resetting the network here. 5 of us from different locations are getting this error so I do not think it is on our side.
    11. Location (Country / or if US, ZIP Code): 16502

• Unknown

icon_email Send Message

The new ps now games can only be seen on my ps4 but not the pc ps now what is that about?

1. PSN Online ID (used with PS Now):Joshy_Cario
    2. Description of issue: game catalog on ps now pc not updating
    3. Internet speed at streaming location:200 mbs
    4. Internet Service Provider (eg. Verizon, Time Warner Cable, etc.):Spectrum
    5. Wired or wireless connection:Wireless
    6. PC operating system (eg. Windows 7, 8.1, 10): windows 10
    7. Processor type (eg. AMD, Intel): intel
    8. If game-related, which game: new games from feburary 2019
    9. Are you in your free trial, an active subscriber, or not subscribed at all: active subscriber
    10. If you are seeing an error, what text is being displayed:no error
    11. Location (Country / or if US, ZIP Code): 12167
  • This is very hard to handle for me. I have a problem where it says "Get Started" after I try starting a game. Another problem where the controller option doesn't show up when I start Playstation Now on PC. Help me. 
  • 1. ILikeEggsTooMuch

2. I downloaded the app, tried reinstalling several times, and it just will not let me log in.

3. 31.5 mbps down

4. Comcast

5. Wireless

6. Windows 10

7. Intel

8. N/A

9. Free Trial

10. The connection to the server timed out

11. USA 30188

So basically I just have not been able to login to the app. I have no idea what the problem is. I am able to login on online on chrome and what not. I just can't through the app. Thanks for your time. 

• 01: AhmedRehan98

02: The connection to the server timed out when logging in with any account.

03: 150+ mbps.

04: Bell (Canada).

05: wireless .

06: Windows 10.

07: Intel i5 7200u.

08: not game related.

09: not subscribed yet.

10: The connection to the server timed out.

11: Canada, Ontario

• 01: BroggPool

02: The connection to the server timed out when logging in with any account.

03: 10+ mbps.

04: Wifi4all (Italy).

05: wireless .

06: Windows 10.

07: Intel i7 8750h.

08: not game related.

09: not subscribed yet.

10: The connection to the server timed out.

11: Italy, Padua

• valcs32

icon_email Send Message

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is not working with official DS4 controller on PSNow on Windows.

The controller works fine as any other game detects input, but not this game I am talking about.

The PS button works, as I can open up the PS menu by clicking it. However any other input is not recoginzed by the game.

• valcs32

icon_email Send Message

Borderlands the handsome collection on PSNow PC does not recognize input from official DS4 controller, tried connecting them in both usb cable, and with official usb wireless dongle.

The controller works fine in any other game, also the only recoginzed button is the PSNow button as I can show the PS menu no problems when running that game, however any other input is ignored.

ID: valcs32

Windows 10

Intel

Active Subscriber

• i have an error it says"entry point not found" please help
  • Can't hit options button on saints row 4 or dead island to start the game.
10 pages