PlayStation™Now
06 Feb 2015 04:24 PM
shortypmo
By: shortypmo (PlayStation Support)

icon_email Send Message

Troubleshooting Connection issues on PS Now

666 replies

If you experience connection issues with the PS Now service, please try the following suggestions:

Use a wired connection: If you are connected to the Internet via a wireless connection (WiFi, 3G, or 4G), your streaming experience should be improved by connecting via a wired Ethernet connection instead.

If you have no option to use a wired connection, we recommend using a 5GHz router and device, as 2.4GHz routers really only have 3 channels... and those 3 channels can get flooded by other devices (phones, tablets, TVs, microwave ovens, air conditioners, etc), for sometimes a few seconds at a time. Try to find the "most unused" 2.4GHz channel in your area (1,5,11). And, make sure there is no other interfering devices near by (e.g. other 2.4GHz routers, devices, etc).

Reduce the number of devices and applications running on your network: If any of the applications listed below are running on your computer, console, or mobile device, we recommend shutting them down to improve your Internet connectivity while streaming games.

• Streaming video applications (Netflix, Hulu, YouTube)
  • Cloud backup or sync applications (Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud)
  • Content downloads (BitTorrent, software, games, movies, or music)
  • Video/audio communication apps (FaceTime, Skype)

Keep in mind that other people who share your Internet connection may have applications running on their devices too. A roommate or family member watching a Netflix video, downloading a game to their PS4, or performing some other high-bandwidth activity, can affect your available bandwidth.

Try off-peak hours: If you’re on a public or shared Internet connection - an office, hotel, library, or college dormitory - you may experience limited bandwidth, especially during high-usage times like early evenings and weekends. Please try connecting during lower-usage times such as early mornings or late nights.

If you are still experiencing connection problems, please try the following:

Connect your PS Now device directly to your ISP's modem and see whether the connection improves. This will help isolate whether the issue is due to your router.

If the cause of the connection problem seems to be your router, you can try the following suggestions to see if any of them fix the issue.

• Power cycle your modem and router
  • Reset the router to default settings
  • Update your router to the latest firmware
  • Open UDP Port: 2053
  • Set the MTU value to 1454. MTU setting can be accessed by PS4 -> Settings -> Network -> Setup -> Use LAN -> Custom -> MTU Settings -> Manual
  • Disable QoS, DoS Attack Protection, Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)

If none of the suggestions work, please report the issue here with the following information:

• Your PSNID
  • Brand and Model # (If you are streaming from TV)
  • Internet Service Type (Select from the following): Dial-up / DSL / Cable / Fiber Optic / Other
  • Connection Type (Select from the following): Wireless / Wired
  • Internet Service Provider:
  • Access Point/Router Brand and Model:
  • Explanation of the connection issue you're experiencing

• I’m having problems with my ps now. It keeps saying my internet is not sufficient but I’m running at 19+ mbps help
  • PSNID - Lucifer057

Internet service type - Cable

Connection type - Wireless and wired

Internet service provider - Firstmedia

Router brand - Dlink model: DIR-612

• PSNID - AlmostRednek

Internet service type - Cable

Connection type - Wired

Internet service provider - Century Link

Router brand - Direct to modem

• PSNID: BATI_GOOL
    • Internet Service Type: Fiber Optic
    • Connection Type: Wired
    • Internet Service Provider:Etisalat (UAE)
    • Access Point/Router Brand and Model: D-Link DIR895-L
    • Explanation of the connection issue you're experiencing: each time I try to play any game this message show up " unfortunately your network delay might make playstation now unusable in your area.you can make sure by connecting a lan cable and trying the connection "
  • If having the error " Connection timed out" at sign in, might be linked to a vpn if using on. Turn off amd restart computer. vpn give different info to networks than what your computer actually says and can conflict.
  • For nearly 3 days I get "Error. Playstation Network is temporarily unavailable". Please try again later." whenever I launch PS Now.

All other services work, inclduing the store and playing games online via PS4. Only Now givees me this error. What can I do?

• when I go into playstation now on pc and try to login it says connection to server timed out
    • PSNID: inn1950@yahoo.com.tw
    • Internet Service Type: Fiber Optic
    • Connection Type: Wired
    • Internet Service Provider: Hinet
    • Access Point/Router Brand and Model: D-Link DIR612
    • Explanation of the connection issue you're experiencing: each time I try to play any game this message show up " Your internet connection cannot support a gameplay stream right now..."
  • My Details:

• PSN ID: chr0n05_9001
    • Brand and Model: PC
    • Internet Service Type (Select from the following): VDSL
    • Connection Type (Select from the following): Wired
    • Internet Service Provider: Vodafone [Egypt] - 40 Mbps downlink and 5 Mbps uplink.
    • Access Point/Router Brand and Model: D-Link DSL-2888A
    • Explanation of the connection issue you're experiencing: check this error in the image
    • I have made sure to allow these ports through to WAN side on my router and even disabled Windows Firewall but nothing works.
  • Hi, my connection works quite well streaming PS3 games but PS4 games have terrible artifacting and tearing and are unplayable. Any ideas?
  • PSN Online ID (used with PS Now): Bonkerztao
    Description of issue:   
    rocket league get a update. my friend told me yesterday 9pm he can play on his normal ps4 .... but my rocket league on psn computer didnt upgrade the game ... the game works before rocket league wants a update
    If game-related, which game:  Rocket league
    Are you in your free trial, an active subscriber, or not subscribed at all:  Free trial
    If you are seeing an error, what text is being displayed: invalid game version. download the latest version of the game
    Location (Country / or if US, ZIP Code): germany
  • tallguy22

Netgear wnr2000v3 (does this support the SPI?)

Cox Cable

Wired

Arris something. (cable provider has ran tests and everything fine and ping at 19ms)

Playstation Now Civiliazation lags. Not really any other game. Turn based Ps3 game lagging on a streaming service on ps4. Kinda lame if you think about it. NHL runs fine. 

All Ports listed on the service opened, 80 is not as Cox has said this is a malicious port that has security issues with worms. 

• Your PSNID AlexArbeloa84
    • Brand and Model # Huawei HG633
    • Internet Service Type (Select from the following): DSL
    • Internet Service Provider: TalkTalk
    • Access Point/Router Brand and Model: Huawei HG633
    • Explanation of the connection issue you're experiencing:  Streaming from PS4 Pro,  it works fine streaming any PS4 game but all the PS3 games are unplayable. After 2 minutes a message come out "the internet connection quality is not sufficient" and the game closes. How can my connection be the problem if I can stream any PS4 game for hours without any issue?
  • lbcyber

icon_email Send Message

• PSNID: lbcyber
    • Internet Service Type: Cable - 45Mbps down/4Mbps up
    • Connection Type: Wired
    • Internet Service Provider: TekSavvy
    • Access Point/Router Brand and Model: ASUS RT-N66U
    • Explanation of the connection issue you're experiencing: Performance over the past year on PC has always been high and without fault, but starting in November it has become unusable. Gameplay lasts about 30 seconds before the stream quality degrades to the point that I am disconnected. I've done all I can to rule out any problem on my end; bandwidth and latency are at max, firewalls are not interfering, issue persists on two separate PCs. There haven't been any other problems with my network that I can find. It feels like I'm stuck connecting to a bad PSN server. I really hope this is something that can be solved.
  • My internet speed is 100mbps .At first i didnt have any problems with connection and i was play god of war 1 without any problems.Now some times i canr even start the game or when i do it closes after some short time due to my ''connection'' i have tried almost every solutiion and nothing works pls help !
    • Your PSNID ChaoticWulf
    • Internet Service Type (Select from the following): DSL
    • Internet Service Provider:Loretto Telecom
    • Access Point/Router Brand and Model:Netgear Nighthawk
    • Explanation of the connection issue you're experiencing
    • I am unable to start any games as it says my internet connection is unable to handle it. It says 5mb minimum and I consistently get close to 10mb/s. I'm not sure what the issue is. I've tried connecting straight from my modem but that didn't do any good.
27 pages