PlayStation™Vue Support
14 Oct 2018 12:11 PM
PappyRedwing
By: PappyRedwing

icon_email Send Message

38 replies

I have recently started getting the error message "Status: 1001, Reason: Timeout" on my TV using PSVue and my Roku Ultimate. Pressing "Continue" restarts the video stream for a few hours.  I am not being asked to reactivate.  Nowhere on Roku or Playstation can I find anything on a 1001 error or status.  I've read in the forum of similar instances but nothing recently.  Thanks.

• I'm having the same issue. Some times it will go right back to the stream. Other times it will just show a loading bar and do nothing. Also had it reset my Roku automatically.
  • RolWCar

icon_email Send Message

We have also been getting the status 1001, reason: timeout, for about 2 days now on out Roku.  It mostly resests the Roku, there appears to be to many on going issues with Vue.
  • Tech_in_a_Mech (PlayStation Support)

icon_email Send Message

Here to help! Is any specific content causing this error? Do you notice anything that could be causing the error to come up? Also, when it restarts the Roku does it completely power off or does the PlayStation Vue app just close?
  • Having the same issue. Channel doesn't appear to matter. Issue happens approximately every one hour of use. I get the prompt, select "Continue" and it takes me to the screen to select my user profile. It appears to just be the PS Vue app restarting. TVs never lose power or reset.

Issue is happening on both my Insignia Roku 4K TV and my Insignia 1080p Roku TV.

• Unknown

icon_email Send Message

Same problem..Talked to Roku they claim thats its not them..called Spectrum they checked and said all good on there end...Playstation vue also doesnt have a clue.Now What!!! Somebody help.
  • TechToMe (PlayStation Support)

icon_email Send Message

We can help!  We do have one suggestion to see if this will help correct the issue.  We would like to see if clearing the cache for the Roku will correct this.  Here are the steps you can follow to clear the cache:

1. Press the 'Home' icon button on the Roku Remote.
    2. Once on the Home screen, press the 'Home' icon button 5 times.
    3. Press the Up direction button once.
    4. Press the Rewind button twice.
    5. Finlly, press the Fast Forward button twice.

If this is done correctly, the Roku will automatically restart.  If it does not, please follow the steps above and try to input the button presses a bit faster.  Once the Roku restarts, go ahead and launch the PlayStation Vue Channel/App and see if you receive the same message.  Thanks in advance for trying these steps!​

• Playstation Support, instead of asking your customers to jump through hoops like this why not just fix the Roku PSVUE app? This app is developed by Sony developers isn't it? If not then you need to get on the development team that is responsible to fix issues like this. I don't think other apps running on the Rokus are having the same issue and if they are then why not report this to Roku?
  • dgilvin

icon_email Send Message

@maellis370  Because you're clearing the cache of the device hence the steps, no way for Sony to do that for you. It says what it is for right in the post
  • @dgilvin They are clearing the filesystem cache on the Roku that is provided for app developers to store data in non-volatile memory. The app developers have complete control over what they write and read from this cache (basically sets of files). This means they must suspect that something that the PSVUE app has written there has become corrupt or has the wrong information in it. Roku specifically states that this area of the filesystem can be overwritten at any time (or cleared with these semi-secret commands) and so it is up to the developers to write their app correclty to handle whatever data is there. My contention is that the PSVUE app is buggy and/or not stable when it encounters certain situations in software. Some other app developers appear to better at developing on the Roku system than Sony per my experience. I've had issues from day one and now had new ones introduced recently with a new build of the PSVUE app software. Clearing the cache is at best a short-term bandaid and also clears whatever data was put there by other apps customers may be using. All apps should recover from this but it may initially slow down those apps as they then have to retrieve/create/store that data again. There is no way this could be a final solution as this would not tell any PSVUE developer what was causing the problem in the first place.
  • dgilvin

icon_email Send Message

@maellis370 Not everyone has the problem and I've had no problems with Vue or it's app on different versions of Roku. So there is that..... The fact that you seem to have issues from the very begining tells me that you have additional problems in your setup someplace.

Blaming Sony for a poor app is a ridiulous claim since others don't have issues.

• It is not a ridiulous claim. I had issues from day one and put up with them until without me changing anything a new build of the PSVUE app came out and I now have new issues (in addition to the ones I had from before). I agree there are others which don't have issues and I'm happy for them, but that is not an indication that the app is not to blame for all the other issues which people have; in fact its just as "ridiulous" to claim it isn't. I spent 30 years developing software and can tell when there are bugs in software. I could possibly blame something in my setup if the other apps I run on my Rokus also showed problems but they don't. I could blame something in my setup if the PSVUE app running on my Amazon fire stick showed the same type of issues but it doesn't; it is solid as a rock, never crashes, and never prevents me from changing channels. I could blame something in my setup if Youtube TV which I am switching to was showing issues, but it has not since I started it several days ago; no buffering, no crashes, no preventing me from changing stations.

So, good news is you and Sony will not have to read my posts anymore and it looks like I will be able to enjoy my live TV streaming experience. Everyone will be happy.

• I'm having the same issue. One on a Roku TV and on another Roku device. I did want the PlayStation support on both Roku devices and still get this error.
  • have been tryingto fix this problem for a month now. same error 1001 timeout message every day after watching. read that playstation software believes that you are using the wrong or too many IP addresses and cuts you off. i use vue on one television in my house! customer service thinks you are using it on phone or using a VPN and that becomes a problem. i'vereset roku,cleaned cache and even deleted apps i don't use all the time but nothing! love vue has all my fav channels at great price but will have to switch to slingtv. giving it until tuesday october 30th then cancelling. dont see an answer for this and don't think sony cares!
  • Cleared cache as recommended last night and today the error came back again. So basically, no change to situation.
  • Wyo75

icon_email Send Message

We've also been getting the same 'Staus1001 timeout' error message for a month now. Single tv, Roku. We hit continue and it disappears. Roku says this is a Sony errror code, definetly not related to Roku. It's completely random to channel and use period. Nothing on PV about this error code. We dropped PV once because of this random type sh** and may do so again. We came back thinking, maybe Sony had upped their game. Apparently not. Really, really aggravating.
  • I have been having this same issue, 1001, began this month although I have used PSVue app for months wwith no issue. Why, all of a sudden are we experiencing this in Oct. Is it caused by a recent software update maybe?

Called PSVue support line 3 times, deleted & reload the app, cleared the cache, until support finally says it is a Roku error, doesn't make since because other apps do not have this error. IMO, they don't really care. Will find another streaming app to watch when the month is out. Shame on you PSVue customer support for failing your customers!

• dgilvin

icon_email Send Message

I think I figured out what this error is, as I've now seen it a few times on my Roku. It's the "Are you still watching" nonsense they implemented a few months back, but it isn't working correctly for some reason.

I only see it hours after having the tv on during the day and not changing the channel. I forget what the time limit is for the "Are you still watching" to appear, but I see it now during the day and that old message isn't popping up anymore but this is about the same time it took for the other message.

That "Are you still watching" was a dumb implementation and I know it was done because a few percentage whined about data usage and couldn't be bothered as grown adults to shut down the app.

• I think yourcorrect. just happened to me again. did playstation implement that "are you still watching" software or is it roku?
  • dgilvin

icon_email Send Message

@ zeroes12  It is Playstation, Roku doesn't do anything like this.
  • I have been having the same issue and so have friends and family. It's definitely a playstation vue development issue  Remove the code for are you still watching and hopefully fix this  It's very annoying. Especially when watching live sports. 
  • It's still going on. It started happening about 10 days ago. While watching for about 6 or 7 hours it happens three times. I just hit the okay button and the picture comes back on, but you lose everything that you were watching. If you're watching on demand it restarts from the beginning and you have to fast forward it to where you were at. This is happening in my living room. In my bedroom this is what was going on there. It started at the same time as my living room unit did. I keep getting a HDCP notice telling me my HD is not working, but it's working fine. This happens twice as soon as I turn it on for about 3 seconds each time and then goes away, my HD is working fine. I went through the troubleshooting steps but it didn't matter it still does it.

• Just bought our Roku Ultra about 3 weeks ago and it's had the same issue with Playstation Vue.  Tried clearing the cache like recommended and it's still doing it.  Would be nice to have the app setting to disable the "Are you still watching" for people that have unlimited internet.
  • Same issue here too. Even with brand new Roku Ultra. Unbelievably frustrating. 
  • Hey PSVue Support.   Anything new on this bug?  I'm getting tired of restarting my application every two hours. Your market share is not that big so  maybe we should be using another streaming service?  Pass that up to the suits.
  • TTT
2 pages