PlayStation™Vue Support
15 Jan 2018 02:25 PM
Thrilliac
By: Thrilliac

icon_email Send Message

Major streaming issues

119 replies

It started a few days ago, at times things would play, pause, play, pause, and so on. Which seems to be problems with the streaming. I am not having issues on any other apps, Amazon video, Netflix, HBO, Showtime, etc. Amazon Fire TV. But all channels on PS Vue are having major latency. Today its really really bad. Shows pausing for minutes. changing channel leaves me at blank background as other channels cannot stream either. I have been closing the app via the Applications menu and clearing the cache. That seems to help at times. My internet connection is fine. I am not having any other issues with anything streaming or internet related. Just PS Vue. Having already closed app, cleared cache, and restarted FireTV a few times and it happening on more than one. Must be something with PS Vue service.

I have had Vue for almost 2 years. I have never seen issues like this. I hope it is only temporary and fixed ASAP. It is super annoying... Thank you!

• NancyJH

icon_email Send Message

I, too, am having the same issues. PS Vue was running just fine for the last several months, now crashes about every 5 seconds on live TV. I have Amazon Fire TV hard-wired to my U-Verse router, which is generating approx. 55 mbps in download, more than enough per PSV standards. I have deleted the PSV app, reinstalled it, doesn't do anything. I have also done a force stop numerous times in the Fire TV settings and cleared cache, same thing as others are experiencing. I've also rebooted the router many times, too. Sometimes the issue clears for a while, mostly does not. Extremely annoying!  I have seen other posts that state the routers from the isp's are router/modem combo's, and may be the issue. I am not a techie, so will ask this question: Is it possible to get a secondary router to interface, or connect between the U-Verse router and Fire TV box, and might that help with all the buffering? Right now, PSV tech support blames U-Verse, and U-Verse blames PSV. Me: stuck in the proverbial middle.
  • Same issue FireTV cube. Just starts freezing and skipping. It started a few weeks agao. 
  • I have Uverse as well and just requested a new router from AT&T. I am hoping this fixes the problem.  
  • Unknown

icon_email Send Message

Same buffering problems here in Florida on ATT Fiber. It's not the internet connection !!!!

Sling works fine. Sadly we will have to switch if this isn't resolved. Too bad since the VUE UI is superior.

• In the past few weeks I have started to experience a lot of freezing issues on live TV in Georgia as well. I have a 100MB ATT fiber connection and I am streaming through Fire Sticks and a PS4. When it happens the network shows between 1 and 3 bars, and the stream will freeze totally. When I change to one of my other streaming services, no issues at all. I have both an ATT router as well as a second router for a different floor in the house, and the problem exists on both. This past Monday I was unable to watch Monday Night Football at all through VUE, however, using the ESPN App on the Fire Stick worked flawlessly. 

It would be great if PS VUE could resolve this issue, especially since they keep raising their rates to the point using a streaming service does not produce the savings over cable it once did. 

• What's sad is Sony is aware of the issue and doesn't seem to care. I actually signed up for Sling yesterday due to the freezing/lag issues with PSVue so I'll be cancelling by PSVue service here in a few days after the wife watches all her recorded programs. I was watching the Texas/Texas Tech came last night on Vue and it froze every few minutes. Switched over to Sling and it was smooth sailing.
  • I have had the same problems as everyone else is experiencing.  I notice too that the problem is worse if I am watching a show as it is being recorded and especiallly at the end of that show as it is winding up.  For some reason, if you are watching a show, say starting 1/2 hour after a 1 hour show started airing, and try to fast forward, the app will freeze almost guaranteed.  This happened to me just yesterday and what makes the system so annoying is that you cannot jump to the end of a show and then rewind to catch the end of a show.  you have to fast forward through an entire 1-1/2 hour show just to reach the last 5 minutes!  It's a terrible system and I am glad that I am not the only one having problems.  The tech support people are nice and they do try to help, but they are either clueless on how the back end of their system works, or just are told to do basis troubleshooting.  Either way, I am seriously considering cancelling the service since it is unusable for a large percentage of the time.
  • I’m fed up beyond belief of using the PSVue. I’ve been using this app for a little over a year and have watched the performance degrade each and every month. It first started with intermittent pauses while watching live sports to network connectivity issues...

I have Gig service from my cable ISP, entire house is wired with CAT-6 cable, Edge Gig Router, Orbi for my WiFi connection, all Sony Bravia TVs ranging from 55” to 75” and Sony Blue Ray players, and one Sony 4K player, PS4 and Fire Sticks. Most TVs use a LAN connection, while the Fire Sticks uses WiFi. (The new 4K Fire Stick will be arriving tomorrow). 

With that being said, I started checking all the software updates on the TVs and DVD players, then I looked for software updates on the PS Vue app and couldn’t find any so I uninstalled on each TV and reinstalled the app still the same issues. Mind you every other app on my TVs is working fine with no connectivity issues (Netflix, Prime, etc...)... Restarted all Fire Sticks... The straw that broke the camels back was doing all the same things on my network HW. Checking for firmware upgrades on the Orbi and routers. Refreshing the signal to the house and rebooting all HW....

After all of that, the performance of the PSVue app did not improve. I constantly recieve “GENERIC_ERROR,INTERNAL” “LOADING_STREAM_URL” and “MEDIA_ERROR,INTERNAL” messages. It takes 3 to 4 minutes to even load the app. Constant pauses during Live TVs especially during live Sports.

Intially, I was looking into going back to cable. I tried HULU, works great but it nickel and dime on services. Today, I’m going to try Sling while watching the NFL and see what happens. If I have success by Monday I will be either back to cable or using Sling’s streaming service.... 

Being a huge fan of Sony Products, it’s disappointing to see such horrible performance from your app. I don’t experience  any connectivity issues with your games but I do with this app...

Bye PSVue!!!

• I too am encountering repeated problems, and getting frustrated.

I see problems across devices. This includes Rokus, AppleTV, and iPhones.

Issues include:

• Constant loading/buffering
    • Sudden "rewinds" to previous points in a program
    • Weird sync issues between video and audio
      • Often times the video is moving faster than the audio, trying to "catch up"

I have gigabit fiber with sustained 700+Mbps up and down (measured daily). It isn't my connection, and it isn't my gear. This is a PS Vue issue, as exhibited by this thread.

• We are new to Vue, just giving it a trial now.  We have seen a few of these issues too, but I have not really dug in to it yet.  Seeing all of these comments and issues of others is making me think that this may not be ready for our "prime time" use.  Still have DirecTV, and might have to stay there for awhile longer.  It is a shame, as we were really hoping that it would work.  Might have to look at YTTV for Sling...  Hulu Live is not an option as it does not seem to be supported on the bulk of our Sony and Apple products we own.  Oh well...  The Vue trail is free, so good to at least give it a try and learn these things ahead of trying to go to huge lengths to try and fix something that is a systemic issue with the Playstation Vue systems.  Maybe they will fix it and it will become a viable option in the future.

Thanks all for the great posts.  Very insightful to a wanna-be new user. 

• Unknown

icon_email Send Message

This is the same issue I am having.  I am watching on Amazon fire and have uninstalled\reinatalled, cleared cache reset and  have not had any luck.  In fact it seems to be getting worse. This is a deal ending problem.  I am looking for another provider.
  • I’ve been having the same issues on my Apple TV 4K for the past few months as well, but it’s been particularly bad the past few days.

• Constant skipping back by a few seconds to a few minutes.
    • Freezing.
    • Sound not matching the video, while the video itself looks like its fast forwarding until the sound and video sync correctly.
    • It happens on any channel at any time of day while watching live TV.
    • It occurs intermittently during the day, 

Interestingly for me, it does not affect DVR or On Demand viewing except if I start watching a recording before the live version of the show is over. I also have a Fire TV Stick 4K and I don’t have this problem on this device / Vue app. Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon because I prefer to watch Vue on my Apple TV 4K.

• Hmmm, no posts in the past 7 days or so.  Is the issue resolved?  I need to know before I go ahead and sign up for this service only to be dissappointed and frusterated AFTER I pay.  No thank you, me thinks not.
  • Unknown

icon_email Send Message

Listen everyone it is not a problem with your equipment, your internet or anything else! It is PlayStation Vue’s problem and they know it and refuse to do anything about it! I have tried everything and I mean everything. They have had this problem for over 2 years as you can see and could care less as long as people keep signing up! Horrible Horrible Horrible!!!
  • Unknown

icon_email Send Message

Playstation Support Staff please let me know if there is any fix for this problem. I have called support on the phone and that was no help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. This has been going on for far too long. I need answers and fixes or I will happily switch providers.

UPDATE: Nevermind I think I'm going to swith anyway. This is absurd.

• Unknown

icon_email Send Message

Fix the streaming issues! Lower the prices until the streaming issues are fixed! It’s not right that I have to pay so much!

• Is Sony actually going to do anything about these issues? I am seriously thinking of ditching this service. It's becoming an absolute joke. I cannot watch anything on any device without having to restart the app every 5 minutes. It has been getting progressively worse, and now it's downright unbearable. And when it does work, it keeps going back in time, freezing, repeating. Basically, this is a freaking disaster. FIX IT NOW!!!
  • After subscribing for 10+ months, and running various tests, the ongoing transmission problems with psvue are directly caused within their cdn (content distribution network), akamai.  Like many others, i use other streaming services, and virtually never see the kind of buffering and other problems on them, and that includes Netflix and Amazon prime.  The one I do see problems on, hulu, interesting enough uses akamai as well, where I have to restart the app multiple times to get it to run correctly (Netflix and Prime both use Amazon cdn).  

This with akamai utilizing a direct link to my ISP, comcast, so the data stream never actually touches the public internet.  

Mlb.tv dropped akamai several years ago, switching to Amazon.  

Two reasons to stay: 5 streaming connections, good connections to direct streaming channels.

• Do I even replay here and note that I have the same problem only with PSVUE.  On all of my AppleTV, I can stream movies and shows from Amazon Prime, Apple Movies, Netflix on any devices and I have no problem with buffering and pause.  This has been going on now for over a year and it is annoying as hell.  Problem is, it is getting worse.  Started off just being a little annoying and now it has caused me to post here.

UPDATE:  Oddly enough, last night I set up some QoS (pfSense Traffic Shaper) rules on my pfSense to prioritize streaming services and oddly enough my PSVUE app is so far for 1/2 day had no stuttering or reset problems.  Now let me repeat please, I have had ZERO streaming issues with movies through Apple Movies, Netflix, Amazon Prime or Youtube.  Only problem with streaming has ONLY BEEN WITH PSVUE which I do run on my same AppleTV (4th Generation).  My internet service is 1Gb down, 36Mb up and I generally see my internet bandwidth < 25Mb and that is with several devices streaming.
5 pages